Wishbone chair designed by Hans J. Wegner, made in 1965.
Hans J. Wegner designed the CH24 arm chair in 1949 for Carl Hansen & Son, Denmark. The chair is his re-interpretation of an 18th century Chinese chair. Today, the CH24 is considered a timeless icon of organic modern Danish design.
Characteristic of this chair are the steam-bent top rail, the Y-shaped backrest (after which the chair is named) that supports the top rail and the seat made of woven paper cord in envelope pattern.
The chair I offer was made in 1965 at Carl Hansen & Son, Odense and has a frame in solid oak.
I am offering the chair in refinished condition. The oak has been cleaned and re-waxed and the seat has been re-woven with natural paper cord.
- original Carl Hansen & Son made CH24 chair
- 1965 production - the chair is dated by the carpenter who made it
- frame in oak with woven Danish paper cord on the seat
- silver Carl Hansen & Son label attached to underside of the seat
- new paper cord applied by a professional weaver
height: 76 cm - depth: 51 cm - width: 55 cm - seat height: 44 cm
near mint condition (see also description and pictures)
price on request